Sunday, May 8, 2011

when I became a mother

I became a mom in January of 2006. I'll never forget the anxiety I felt when I walked into the hospital. I have always feared the unknown, and labor, birth, and motherhood were all new to me. I was young and terrified. I'll never forget the moment my daughter was placed in my arms and everything changed.



It was instant love. I never felt anything so intense. 

In October 2008, I became a mother to a son. Once again, it was unknown territory. I was completely torn during his birth, fighting my way (and failing along the way) to bring my boy into the world as naturally as possible. As he was born, and my husband convinced me to nurse him right away - I saw my son stare at me as to say, "There you are." 



In January of 2011, I became a mother once more. Again, I was fearful. Anxious of my impending homebirth. Scared of the pain I would endure. Could I do it? I'd seen countless women overcome contractions to give birth, but, could I? I could, and, I did.



Today is Mother's Day - a day for all mothers. However, I have to thank my wonderful children too. Without them, I wouldn't be the mother I am today!


I must also give thanks to the most important mother of all. I really appreciated reading this blogpost today.

No comments:

Post a Comment