Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Mandatory About Me

My name is Cassie. Hi.



I figure it's always a good idea to start off an About Me with why I named my blog what I named it.

I had what my old priest refers to as a "Catholic rumspringa" in my youth. I rebelled and ran as far away from the church as I could. It was during this time, I was given a huge test in faith.

I named that test Hayden Lisbeth Faith. She's now 5 years old. She's my firecracker. My leader. My tomboy. My helper. She certainly has taught me a thing or two about faith - and patience.




In 2008, I married an Airman named Jarrod.



He wasn't an Airman at the time, but he enlisted shortly thereafter. We have spent far too much of our marriage apart. Of course, we still had enough time to conceive 2 more children.

Vincent Henry Thomas was born in October of 2008. My little ball of kinetic energy. My comedian. My mama's boy.



Vincent's traumatic birth proved to me that I wanted to help women through the process of birth. Natural birth, the way God intended. I felt a calling to help protect God's perfect process. With my husband's encouragement, I became a doula. After his orders sent us to Georgia, I also apprenticed with a midwife.

In January of 2011, I gave birth to a daughter, Luca Lynn Hope, at home. My easy-going baby. Laid back and calm.



As each year has passed, I have found myself more drawn to the Lord and His ways. I enjoy mass on Sundays. I wake up and read my Bible. I look to Him for guidance in living my life. In serving my husband. In schooling my children. In feeding my family. In birthing my babies. The list goes on. Each day, I become more devout than I was the day before - and it started with Hayden.

Hence, why I named this "Beginning With Faith." I hope this is only the beginning!

I hope you'll join us on our journey



No comments:

Post a Comment